Wednesday, August 13, 2008

3 Day Completed!!



What an event. An inspirational, emotionaly event. There are just so many good people in this world. Today is Wednesday and I finally have the strength to talk about the 3 day. I really, really enjoyed it. But I didn't enjoy the blisters during and after the walk. I'm still pretty swollen.. FACE, FEET, LEGS.. You name it. But it's nothing compared to a possible world without breast cancer. 6 MILLION dollars was raised this weekend, can you believe that. The whole experience was wonderful. The crew was amazing, always happy and willing to give you a helping hand.

Day 1 Friday: Woke up at 3:00a.m. we needed to arrive at Northbrook, IL by 5:30a.m. My sister, mom and SIL dropped me off. It was really organized, there were trucks lined up taking your bags. There was probably about 2,500 walkers. The guest speaker was very motivational, I cried the whole entire time. We were (Melissa and I) so excited to start the walk. People were lined up high five'ing us. My sister, mom and SIL met us at the first cheering station and I was so excited to see them. They made us signs. My mom made a cute sign that said, "The Boobies thank you", she had all sorts of women stopping and taking pictures with her and her sign. They also appeared at our second cheering station and boy did I need them at that time, I was so happy to see them, my sister was so proud of me.... I wish I had them at every corner :o) After many hours we arrived at camp. We had to pick up our gear (luggage and tent), we had to put up our 2 dome pink tents, thank gosh we found a nice young man helping because I couldn't walk, my feet were full of blisters and swollen. After our stuff was in our tent we went to dinner, I felt like I was going to pass out. I drank alot of water and gatorade, but I don't think I drank enough. I went to the medical tent but they needed me to shower before they worked on my legs. So I showered in these little showers, no privacy!! :oS
Hitched a ride from a crew member to the medical tent and had my blisters worked on. That was pretty much the end of my evening.

No comments: