Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Business Trip


No cards to share with you. I've been out on business. But I have a very funny story to share with you guys.

On Monday afternoon I traveled down to to Columbus, Ohio on business. Flights were a little delayed, but not too bad. We'll I guess we were the last flight to Columbus that left at a decent time. Kristi, Jeannie and I traveled together. When we arrived at the Columbus airport, we picked up our luggage and we were going to catch a cab. We saw a pair of escalators that would take us there, this picture does not do the escalators any mercy, they were huge. Any how Kristi had commented on being scared of escalators and how she imagine them being these huge teeth. She's so tiny, they probaby could eat her up. So me, "Funny Gal", did the reinactment of Will Ferrel in the movie "ELF". Literaly all spread eagel with my hands cringing the side handles. There were two pairs of escalators both going down. Jeannie got on the one next to use. Kristi was in front of me and I was Will Ferrel. We were cracking up and not paying attention to the commotion going on below us. Man if we only had a camera!!!
So all of a sudden Kristi turns back around going the correct way and sees this guy with his eyes bulging telling us to turn around and start climbing the stairs backwards. Kids LOVE to do that, but not me. So this guy is yelling climb, climb. Then we realized as we looked at the bottom of the escalator that a poor little old man had fallen and created this pile of people at the bottom of the escalator. So here's me.... Climbing the "MOVING" escalator backwards, trying to juggle my suitcase which is heavy and huge. Kristi is "Yelling" at me like Jillian from the "Biggest Loser", go faster, your too slow, move it, we need to go faster!!!!!!!! Remember Kristi is scared of escalators. The guy behind Kristi was yelling at both of us telling us to go faster. So I yelled, "THIS IS NOT THE BIGGEST LOSER", the program had a competition on climbing escalators (do you remember that)... and he looked up at me and told me "NOW IT IS"!!! LOL. Finally I see a clearance and I stopped, I couldn't anymore. I think I lasted all about, hmmmmmm less than 5 minutes. Kristi stumbled, to try and not hit the man, that NO ONE had picked up off the floor yet. OMG, only if we had a camera. I think we realized that there is an "EMERGENCY BUTTON" at the bottom of the escalators the next evening on our way home! OMG. That was the funniest thing ever! I felt bad for the little old man, which I helped off the floor and we (Kristi, Jeannie and I) help him and his wife with their luggage. But the whole escalator climb, was hilarious... I just wish I had a camera.

No comments: