Thursday, September 23, 2010

My New Beginnings

I've been neglecting this site, I have totally failed as a blogger. I follow so many different blogs, and inspire to be more like them, updating regularly, taking pictures. Who am I kidding...

So if you like reading my blog looking at my creations, once in a blue moon. This is definitely the place for you :o)

Today, I don't share scrapbooking/cardmaking although I've been on a roll with that, pictures to come soon :o) I wanted to share my story on, being saved.

Alot has been going on in the past couple of months. My son and I became followers of Christ. I've always been a Catholic, but a non-practicing one. My son found this church and youth group all on his own and I followed.

Let's talk about "My" experience there. I've just recently started going to a Christian church... we'll it's been over a few years that I've been trying to find my place with Christ. I was just never was comfortable. Christian Church and Catholic Church, totally different fellowship. I'm not knocking on being Catholic. But I just found my place in a Christian Church. Grandma and mom weren't to happy in the beginning.

So I've been to a few Christian churches before finding my home, "Village Church". My son Louie had already been going to Youth Group nights there with all his friends. One evening he asked me if he could go to a Winter Retreat and I was thinking... Man, this is getting serious. So that Sunday I decided on going to "Village Church", to understand what my son had been learning. At first, it was just OVERWHELMING!! Have you been to a Christian Church? The "Foyer" is like pack to the gills with people talking and hanging out, enjoying eachothers fellowship. I was like a fish in the sea. LOST, SHY, OVERWHELMED!! I couldn't wait til' the doors would open so I could go have a seat... Kept looking at my watch.. LOL... The vision of this is cracking me up now, now that I feel I'm home.

The very first day I was there, the Worship music was awesome, I didn't know how I could stop the tears... Being that it was my first day at "Village Church", now I was really in for it. The music just bought chills to me. I now know it was the "Holy Spirit". Thanks Kathy Gjeldum for explaining. :o)

Months passed, Louie got more involved, I started to volunteer... hoping to meet new friends. My son and all his friends knew me and I had a good friend that was going. But I just felt, I needed to help. I'm single... I had time, and I needed God in my life.

My first volunteer job was helping at a silent auction. I met a few people that have now made footprints in my life. Amee & Shawn Liptak, Kristy Crider... Kristy and I both went to Crossroads, but we never connected.

Louie went on a week long conference to "Challenge 10", I wont' tell his story, I'm not sure it's mine to share. But he got saved there.... He was so excited when he returned home. I cried, he cried.. I was so happy. I had been praying to God that Louie would find himself there. And it just seemed like music to my ears, he answered my prayers.

Shortly after that Louie was telling me what "BEING SAVED" meant. I had no idea, and I was completely embarrassed that I didn't know. I was embarrassed that I couldn't explain to my own son what he was going through and help him. So I started asking questions, thanks to my good friends the Gjeldums, especially Kathy.. I am no a follower of Christ too.... And I've never been so happy in my entire life.

Thanks for reading through my beginnings....... there's much more to come. God has blessed me!

No comments: