Sunday, November 2, 2008

Las "Chicas" Sexy


Sorry, today I have no cards to share with you. This weekend we Melissa and I went with Kristi to run the Indianapolis Monumental marathon. This is Kristi's third marathon in less than a year. This was my very first marathon experience. It was awesome and tiredsome :o) I know I didn't have to do the running, but being a spectator is a lot of work. Melissa and I got a little lost trying to meet Kristi at Mile 9 so we waited a few hours at mile 21. The important thing was that we were, where she needed us to be. We calculated the first runner at a 5:05 pace. Can you believe that! I get tired just thinking about it. It was amazing to see these runners come through with their determination. We cheered for each individual runner that came by...let me tell you ringing the cow bell and yelling... "Great Job", "You can do it", "Your almost there", and "21 down, water around the corner", is exhausting. But I know how the spectators made me feel during the 3 day walk and I WAS NOT GIVING UP ON THEM. Seeing these runners bought tears to my eyes, I was an emotional reck! I'm way to sensitive. :o) Melissa and I attempted to run Kristi in, taking turns jumping in and out of the vehicle and running. But we had just finished a Venti "Hot Chocolate" from starbucks and boy did we feel that. Sorry for giving up Kristi. She's a CHAMPION! And I just wanted everyone to know that I'm so proud or HER and all you RUNNERS! You guys are definitely a different breed. You can read more about her run her site. Just click on her name above or down below.
(Pictured above from the left Melissa, me and Kristi)

"Champions are not made in the gym."
"Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

- Muhammed Ali



No comments: