Sunday, August 17, 2008

Day 2


Day 2 started off to a rocky start. That morning I woke up I still had tons of blisters on my heals so I made the mistake and stopped at the medical tent that morning to have them looked at and they stated they needed to lance them. Well that was not good, because the blister was on the lower part of my heal. The medical team asked me to take the bus to the next stop and I refused to do it. Partially because I'm stubborn and the other cuz' I was not giving up. So we went out about a quarter of a mile and I was feeling pretty bad and saw another girl walking back so I decided to walk back with her. I was walking on my tiptoe because I couldn't plant my feet. I was crying all the way back because I felt defeated. So I took a little ride on the bus and met Melissa a few miles down the road. Waiting for the soreness of my heals to go away. I was not giving up that easy. That afternoon we took a little more stops then normal, taking off my shoes and stretching. I had steam come out of my shoe at one point. I was craking up. Melissa was also having a hard time that afternoon, her hips were bothering her and her blisters too, so it took us alot longer to get back. The last couple of miles were on gravel. WHO does that to women that have blisters. That was the longest 2 miles of my LIFE!!! The picture above are from a medical crew that would drive around all day with really loud 80's music, it was so much fun, I think the music would motivate us and keep us going. Getting back to camp was great. We ate first, I finally got a little of my appetite back, then we took a shower and went back to the medical tents to get more blisters lanced. And then went to the main tent were they had a DJ, Mel got on stage and was jacking everyone up... it was great. Yes we had the energy to continue to dance. I was on the ground level and the CHA, CHA slide started to Mel stook on top of the stage the entire time and I taught some girls how to do the slide, it was fun. After we danced a song or two, we went to look at the mail box and I had mail from Melissa's mom and sister. It was the best!! They are so sweet. Also my friend Belinda made me a card package, I had a personal greeting card for each day, I'll share as soon as I take the photos of the cards. I loved reading her messages at night, kept me going.

No comments: